A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Friday and I'm in Love .. er .. Virtual Waiting Room

Oh, February, how I despise thee.

You've treated me to two struggling basketball teams, brutally cold weather, a bitter Valentine's Day and now you send me into the depths of your darkest hell-hole.

The Virtual Waiting Room.

Every February I go through this. I get up early and go out of my way to get Cubs tickets. Why? I'm not sure. I must be a glutton for pain, seeing that they haven't won a World Series since 1908. (Note: With that sentence I hit the quota to mention 1908 if I write the words "Cubs" and "World Series" in the same blog.) They've suffered countless losing seasons in my 22-year lifetime and when they have been good ... and good enough to win ... they themselves have gone out of their way to break my heart in a way Valentine's Day doesn't even remotely come close.

I'm pretty damn sure Valentine's Day hasn't caused me to buy a bottle of Jack Daniels and drink the night away.

Check that. Freshman year.

Yeah, I'll admit it. It was a young and dumb mistake. You'll forgive me, right? Besides. It was A-Rod's cousin who got it for me.

So here's hoping that I can land the Cubs tickets I desperately want. Bleacher seats. Cubs-Cardinals. That's all I want for Christmas.

That and the Steve Urkel/Stephan Urkelle Transformation Chamber. (See 6:28 mark)

The two things I still hold out hope that I will one day get: A Cubs World Series and a Transformation Chamber.

I hope that one day is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.