A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Behind the scenes of the MVC Tourney: The happy post after a relatively sad day

Rough day at the office. Or on the sideline. Or courtside. Whatever.

I was going to write the "I'm sad that this season is over" blog. Then I was going to write "Why do dreams have to end?" blog. I'll save those for tomorrow.

SIU jumped out to an early lead. Then lost it to Bradley. The Braves then almost blew out the Salukis. But then Southern fought back. But it wasn't enough.

This blog is reading like a Bill Plaschke column.

At least I snagged a picture with the second flyest looking guy in the joint. We're going enjoy "media hospitality" ... whatever that means.

And I know lots of fans are curious about the NBA 3-point line, and I asked Missouri Valley Conference Associate Commissioner Mike Kern about it.

Kern, who is one of the most helpful gentlemen here, said the line is part of the Scottrade Center's floor for all basketball games. They have the NBA range line for potential exhibition games and (just speculation) for the day when maybe a team from the Association lands under the Arch.

Even though NBA scouts were in attendance, Kern said it was not the conference's doing.

There's your inside look. Now I'm off to be sociable with people who enjoy media guides and press credentials as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.