A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food for thought and the soul

Back-to-back nights of drinking can't be good for the heart. Or the liver for that matter.

But I'm convinced that it's good for the soul. There's just something cleansing about a few brews on a Monday night or Tuesday night. With that said, I'll probably be taking a night off (or two) until the weekend comes. Gotta save some of that beer money for the days where I don't have to wake up at 7:50 a.m. to get a good parking spot for my 9:00 a.m. class. Thankfully, those are over.

You know what else is good for the soul? A balanced breakfast.

I just finished my breakfast by cooking three scrambled eggs (with lots and lots of cheese) and three biscuits. Add a couple of glasses of orange juice and I'm feeling quite refreshed. At least, much better than I did a few days ago. Nothing gets you out of your death bed like ... well ... I'm not sure what inspired me to get out of bed yesterday.

...

I'm now also convinced February is the official month of FML. With cold weather, Valentine's Day and a Saluki slump, I'm trying to figure out if we can skip February and go straight to April and baseball's opening day. Strange and bothersome things are happening and I feel as if it is all falling apart. Graduation day couldn't come soon enough. Spring Break couldn't come soon enough either. I need some days off. Like, real days off. Away from work, school, news, computers, blogs, etc.

Of course if SIU pulls off the miracle of all miracles and wins the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament in St. Louis, I'll be singing a different tune.

...

And believe me, I want to be singing a different tune.

...

And in honor of firejoemorgan.com, a tag for the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.