A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Someone cue up that one Ice Cube song I like

I woke up early this morning and aced my bowling final.

It was a multiple choice quiz.

Yeah, I said bowling final. Bowling a.k.a. KIN 105 is a course that is worth 2.0 credits at Southern Illinois University. I guess I shouldn't be crying FML as much as I have recently.

I then went to Wal-Mart, picked up some food and laundry detergent before making myself a grand homemade breakfast of extra cheesy scrambled eggs with biscuits. Ooh, and I had two glasses of orange juice because I figured OJ usually makes me feel better when I'm sick.

I'll be darned. It did.

After that, it was all up-hill. I came into the newsroom wearing a smile while holding two boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts. I felt as if I should be in a giving mood because usually when I'm making other people happy, I tend to crack a smile. Again, it worked.

Watched a productive softball practice. I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely love covering this team once they finally start the home portion of their schedule.

The Cubs beat the Dodgers. Finally.

SIU beat Drake to snap its lengthy losing streak. Finally.

And while not everything has gone my way, I figure that I hit rock bottom this week and I can just climb out of the hole slowly. I assume I've been in worse places in my life, so what's another climb from the cellar.

I can't honestly tell you why I've done a complete 180. Why I'm in a really good mood. Why I feel like I am in a happy place. It wasn't too long ago I was contemplating quitting life. Not really, but kind of. I felt as if I was failing at life and there was no way out.

But for some reason, things turned around. And I appreciate that. I think everyone who came in contact with me the last few days knew something was wrong. And I downplayed it. Now, they can tell I'm in a better mood. And I'm embracing it.

All in all ... well, I'll let Ice Cube take you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.