A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Roller Coasters

In the realm of sports, us sports writers use the "roller coaster" metaphor a lot.

Like, myself for example. Time and again I have described this season of Saluki basketball as a roller coaster ride. Whether it be the ups-and-downs that come with a team full of freshman entering their first season playing Division I college hoops. Or whether it be the game-by-game happenings.

So today, I'll use the roller coaster metaphor to describe my week. Long story short: it started slow, took a quick drop, peaked shortly, followed by another deep drop, followed by an instrumental peak and then it just kind of leveled out at the end.

And that's what I like about roller coasters. I've never been a fan of them, whether it be the metaphorical or actual kinds. But the best part is that they end. You can get off them and move on to the next ride.

It might take awhile to get over the dizziness or the upset stomach or the vomitting that took place. Or the after shock that..you know..that shock factor of "OMG that just happened." Sh*t happens, I understand that. But when it all happens at once, it's puzzling. It's hurtful. It's bothersome.

Eventually, all will be right.

Until then, yellow cake with chocolate frosting will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.