A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

FML February comes to an end

February was pretty crummy month, if I may say so.

SIU struggled with a 3-5 record in the month as it tried to keep its collective head above water without senior guard, team leader and all-around good guy Bryan Mullins. But February ended with a 72-68 win on Senior Night (my senior night, too) and instead of playing in the dreaded Thursday play-in round, the Salukis clinched the No. 5 spot in the MVC and have a very winnable game against No. 4 seed Bradley.

Insert link to The Big Dead Sidebar post about the Bradley Braves MVC Shuffle here.

Then there was Valentine's Day -- yuck. Seriously. All sorts of bad. Not enough liquor in the world to crack a smile on my face. Well, at least I was a very well-dressed son-of-a-gun on Singles Awareness Day.

The weather was down and then up and then down and then nice and then it f*cking sucks. Fast forward to May, please.

And while you're at it, make sure that Milton Bradley doesn't injure himself while drawing a gosh-forsaken walk. Go figure anti-stat heads hate OBP. There's nothing grinderiffic by hurting yourself via the base on ball.

But seriously, I'm glad the shortest month of the year is over.

Gimme some March Madness. Gimme some NFL free agency signings. Gimme some World Baseball Classic.

Um, on the other hand, maybe not so much on that last one.

Just get me out of February with my sanity, my health and a (somewhat) hearty paycheck and I'll be a little happier tomorrow than I was yesterday.

Thank you for your continued support of the writer/editor/founder of Girls Sports & Press Credentials. I promise March will be better, if only because there will be more days which means more chances to have complete happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.