A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've seen this movie before, and I didn't like the way it ended the first time

So stressed. So, so stressed.

Tired too.

Stressed. Frustrated. Annoyed. Irritated. Angry.

This blog is starting to look like a Bill Plaschke column.

One sentence graphs.

One.

Word.

Graphs.

Ugh.

I feel so overwhelmed by everything.

Everything.

Absolutely everything. Work. School. Life. Work. School. Life.

Thinking about happier ideas is a nice concept, but every newspaper is struggling.

Each and every one.

Don't let one tell you they are not. If they do, they're lying to you. And one of the jobs of newspaper folk is to expose the liars.

...

Since I started covering the SIU men's basketball beat for the DE, I'm pretty sure head coach Chris Lowery has mentioned that the team needs to take care of itself first before it focuses on anything else.

"We need to run our stuff."

"We need to trust our system."

"Family."

"Us."

I'm going to take a page out of C-Lo's notebook and take his advice.

I need to worry about me. I need to take care of me. Now. The thing is that I've been trying to make everyone else happy first ... and it's caused me to make some questionable life decisions of late.

It's frustrating. It truly is.

I just need to get my life together right now. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.