A blog about a kid who dreams about pretty girls, championship rings and sports writing.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Break Day 2: Rest, rain and roses

It wasn't too long ago when a gazillion drivers were up in arms over the rising price of gasoline. Some conspiracy theorists even called for a Congressional Committee to investigate WTF was happening there.

Well, I want a committee to research why the price of roses always sky-rockets on and around Valentine's Day.

Nearly 200 million rose stems are sold for Singles Awareness Day, yet, I don't remember any dozen roses costing $9.99. I don't think there were any flowers I could have bought for $9.99 ... other than dead ones. Maybe it's the jilted, cranky, sleepy hopeless romantic in me ... but damn ... Prices go up on everything every time I feel like I wanna do something nice on Valentine's Day (a rarity) ... yet I'm still getting paid the same.

I'm calling shenanigans.

...

Nothing like sleeping through a rainstorm. It's so peaceful and relaxing. Just the way the rain rhythmically taps on my window, it's just one of the most comforting sounds in the world. Don't get me wrong: I do not like thunder. I do not like lightening. And I absolutely hate the flooding that comes with heavy rain. But there's something special about a nice rain fall.

Can't wait 'til Spring!

...

Speaking of spring ... WTF Spring Break? It's cold in Chicago. It's not even cold, it's that I'm still trying to adjust to the change in climates. It was 79 degrees in St. Louis on Friday. It's 51 degrees right now in Chicago. New rule: no more going home for spring break.

(Looks at SalukiNet, notices "senior" next to "class status")

Oh, there will be no more Spring Break for yours truly after this.

Booooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write sports. I blog about sports. That's all you need to know.